The "If they have the power, they will use it" collection:
- Virginia shuts down businesses it doesn't like.
- Feds shutter a wonderful product.
- Two takes on the Chevy Volt (1,2). Read both or read neither.
- Government cover-ups.
- Government stands up for entrenched interests against entrepreneurs.
- America kills innocents.
The "Good Ideas" collection:
- Perhaps Gilded Era corruption was preferable to what we have now?
- A reminder on innovation, monopoly, and the productive churn of a healthy market.
- You know this, but you should be constantly reminded.
- Neato! Casimir effect in vacuum can effect chemistry.
- Pyrex is not as durable as it used to be.
- An interesting thought on corruption.
- Possibly the best take on the recent Federal Reserve actions.
Because I feel obligated to, a round up of the 9/11/12 attacks:
- People forget that a truly psychotic story lies at the heart of the Islamic religion. If you have ever called it a religion of peace with a straight face, watch the story (or read here, scroll down to verse 100 through about 111).
- Also, it must be said, not every Muslim endorses murder, even for blasphemy...
- Even though there are plenty of Americans who seem to.
- Some context from the days of the British Empire.
- An excellent post on the filmmaker's arrest.
- Some are accusing Obama of doing something wrong somewhere.
- Here is a claim that the attacks are in retaliation for our flying killer robots that murder innocent foreigners.
- An answer to why the terrorists don't attack the more repressive Chinese regime.
- Finally: The Libyan rebels were inspired by Lord Humongous.